ON DECEMBER 6TH, YOU CAN WATCH ORVILLE'S "COMING OUT PARTY" IN GLORIOUS ULTRA HIGH-DEFINITION!
Bob Clark had a pretty eclectic career and made films ranging from raunchy teen sex comedies (PORKY'S and PORKY'S II: THE NEXT DAY), to Horror classics (DEATHDREAM and BLACK CHRISTMAS), to Christmas essentials (A CHRISTMAS STORY), to kids movies (BABY GENIUSES), and even gender-bending crime movies (SHE-MAN: A STORY OF FIXATION).
But today we're going to focus on his first true feature-length film, 1972's CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS, which is getting a new 50th anniversary Blu-ray and 4K UHD release from VCI in November! While not in my "zombie top ten," I do enjoy this low-budget horror romp and count myself lucky to have seen it in 35mm!
Synopsis: Five young kinky actors and their artistic director come to a desolate and nearly forgotten burial island, complete with a morbid history of MURDER, RAPE, CURSES and DEMONS. Alan (Alan Ormsby), the brilliant but bizarre Director of the company, has brought them to this foreboding place to dabble in witchcraft; specifically to dig up a fresh corpse and use it in a ritual ceremony which is supposed to raise the dead from their graves.
It seems as though Alan has really gathered his "children" here, only to play a practical joke on them and then to party the rest of the night away. However, the joke's on Alan. His bizarre ritual ceremony really does raise the dead from their graves... only they're in no mood to party!
Rated PG | Color | 87 & 76 minutes | Region Free
Video - 2160p Widescreen (1.85:1)
Audio - English LPCM 2.0 Mono
- NEW! Video Introduction and Q&A with Alan Ormsby!
- NEW! 90-minute Video Documentary DREAMING OF DEATH: Bob Clark's Horror Films, with many new interviews with cast and crew!
- Two cuts of the film, including the Complete Alternate U.K. Version!
- Full Commentary Track with Alan Ormsby, Jane Daly and Anya Cronin!
- Memories of Bob Clark: A video tribute to the late Director.
- The Los Angeles Grindhouse Festival, May 22, 2007 Q&A: A Video filmed in between a double feature showing of CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY… and DEATHDREAM at the Beverly Cinema.
- Confessions of a Grave Digger: Video Interview with Ken Goch.
- Extensive Photo & Poster Gallery
- "Dead Girls Don't Say No" Music video by The Deadthings.
- "Cemetery Mary" Music video by The Deadthings.
- Original Theatrical Trailer and Radio Spots.
- New Special Liner-Notes Booklet written by Patrick McCabe.
Along with the upgraded picture quality (which I currently cannot confirm is an all new transfer, or a 4K upconversion from the previous 2K transfer they put out in 2016), all of the previous extras are included, but I'm personally excited to check out that new feature-length documentary that's on this disc! Originally slated for release on October 11th, VCI repeatedly pushed back their 50th Anniversary release of CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS until December 6th (ditto for their Region A Blu-ray disc). The upcoming 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release of CHILDREN should cost between $27 - $30 (though the price may drop before release), and can be pre-ordered now from AMAZON, BULL MOOSE, or DIABOLIK DVD!
Post a Comment