STEPHEN SOMMERS' SUPER FUN CREATURE FEATURE RISES FROM THE DEPTHS WITH A 4K TRANSFER & IMPRESSIVE NUMBER OF EXTRAS!
DEEP RISING is a film that I've always had a soft spot for Vault Dwellers. Directed by Stephen Sommers (THE MUMMY, THE MUMMY RETURNS), this movie features tough-as-nail mercenaries trapped on a huge luxury liner that has been invaded by a truly unique sea monster. The effects still hold up surprisingly well, and the movie has a stellar cast, plus a soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith. This is a Grade-A Hollywood B-Movie, and I'm so happy that Kino Lorber gave this monster flick the love it so truly deserves!
Synopsis: Buckle up for edge-of-your-seat excitement with the explosive hit DEEP RISING! A band of ruthless hijackers seize the most luxurious cruise in the world only to find that all the passengers have mysteriously disappeared, but they are not alone. Something terrifying is lurking just out of sight – behind every deck and passageway: a deadly force from the unexplored depths of the ocean that begins to snatch the horrified intruders one by one!
Treat Williams (PRINCE OF THE CITY, THE PHANTOM) and sexy Famke Janssen (THE X-MEN TRILOGY) lead a group of survivors who must overcome incredible odds in their breathtaking battle to escape the doomed ship alive. Written and directed by Stephen Sommers (THE MUMMY, VAN HELSING) and featuring a stellar cast that includes Anthony Heald (THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS), Kevin J. O’Connor (COLOR OF NIGHT), Wes Studi (THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS), Jason Flemyng (LOCK, STOCK, AND TWO SMOKING BARRELS), Cliff Curtis (LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD), and Djimon Hounsou (AMISTAD).
Rated R | Color | 106 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (2.34:1)
Audio - English DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio & 2.0 Lossless Stereo
|Prepare to digest (not be digested by) hours of supplemental material!|
- NEW! 4K Remaster made from the original negatives!
- Audio Commentary by Director Stephen Sommers and Editor Bob Ducsay.
- Interview with actor Wes Studi.
- Interview with actor Kevin O'Connor.
- Interview with actor Anthony Heald.
- Interview with second unit director Dean Cundey.
- Interview with VFX artist John Berton (ILM).
- Interview with VFX artist Van Ling. (Banned from the Ranch Entertainment)
- Interview with Brad Proctor (SFX/Make-Up).
- Interview with Doug Morrow (SFX/Make-Up.
- Interview with Cinematographer Howard Atherton.
- ILM Behind-the-Scenes Extras (Animatic Sequence/Creature/Tests/Etc.)
- Newly Commissioned Art by Jacob Phillips!
- Animated Image Gallery (Stills and Behind-the-Scenes)
- Reversible Blu-ray Art
- Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
- Theatrical Trailer
Post a Comment