STEELBOOK COLLECTORS PREPARE TO DOUBLE DIP ON FOUR GREAT HORROR TITLES!
As someone who is constantly upgrading their movie collection (I went from VHS, to DVD, and then to Blu-ray), I have to say that I'm not personally big into buying the same movie again because the packaging is different - that's pretty much why the steelbook craze never really caught on with me.
However, I know a LOT of collectors who dig steelbooks, and if you're one of them, PREPARE FOR GLORY!
GRINDHOUSE (2-DISC COLLECTOR'S EDITION STEELBOOK)
Synopsis: In Robert Rodriguez' PLANET TERROR, an experimental bio-weapon is released, turning thousands into zombie-like creatures. Now it's up to a rag-tag group of survivors to stop the infected and those behind its release. In Quentin Tarantino's DEATH PROOF, two separate sets of voluptuous women are stalked at different times by a scarred stuntman who uses his "death proof" cars to execute his murderous plans.
Rated R | Color | 191 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (2.39:1)
Audio - English Dolby Digital 5.1
- PLANET TERROR and DEATH PROOF with intermission cards and fake trailers for WEREWOLF WOMEN OF THE S.S., DON'T, and THANKSGIVING.
- Audio commentary for PLANET TERROR by writer/director Robert Rodriguez.
- PLANET TERROR Audience Reaction Track.
- Audio commentary for THANKSGIVING trailer with director Eli Roth and co-writer/director Jeff Rendell.
- Robert Rodriguez' 10 Minute Cooking School.
- The Makeup Effects of Planet Terror featurette.
- The Hot Rods of Death Proof featurette.
- The Production Design of Death Proof featurette.
- The Making of the Trailers.
PHANTASM (LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK)
Synopsis: PHANTASM presents Mike, Jody, Reggie, and the Tall Man as they've never been seen before. For the first time in high-definition, follow the trio in the remastered original classic that started it all, in which two brothers discover their local mortuary hides a legion of hooded killer dwarfs, a flying drill-ball, and the demonic mortician who enslaves the souls of the damned.
Note: This seems to just be a repackage of the previously released PHANTASM: REMASTERED Blu-ray from Well Go USA, but I cannot confirm that at this time.
Rated R | Color | 88 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (1.78:1)
Audio - DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Dolby Digital 2.0, and Dolby Digital Mono.
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Don Coscarelli and Stars Michael Baldwin, Angus Scrimm, and Bill Thornbury.
- Audio commentary with writer/director Don Coscarelli, co-producer Paul Pepperman and visual consultant Roberto Quezada.
- Graveyard Carz Episode
- Vintage interviews with Don Coscarelli and Angus Scrimm.
- Deleted Scenes
- Phantasm: Actors Having a Ball - Cast interviews.
- Phantasm Behind-the-Scenes Home Movies with commentary by Don Coscarelli and Reggie Bannister.
- Additional Home Movie Footage
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Angus Scrimm Introduction
- Fangoria TV Spot
- Theatrical Trailer
- Still Gallery
THE THING (LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK)
Synopsis: Horror master John Carpenter (HALLOWEEN, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK) delivers "a masterful exercise in claustrophobic suspense… [with] elaborate special effects [that] set a high standard for films that followed" (TV Guide). Kurt Russell's iconic and tense performance drives this chilling version of the classic THE THING.
In the winter of 1982, a twelve-man research team at a remote Antarctic research station discovers an alien buried in the snow for over 100,000 years. Soon unfrozen, the form-changing alien wreaks havoc, creates terror… and becomes one of them, proving that "Man is the warmest place to hide."
Rated R | Color | 109 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (2.35:1)
Audio - DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
- 2017 4K Scan Of The Feature Film!
- 2K Scan Of The Interpositive Supervised And Approved By Director Of Photography Dean Cundey.
- 4.1 Audio Mix Created From The Original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo Soundtrack.
- Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Dean Cundey.
- Audio Commentary With Co-producer Stuart Cohen.
- Audio Commentary By Director John Carpenter And Actor Kurt Russell.
- Teaser Trailer
- Theatrical Trailers (U.S. And German)
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Still Gallery (Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Posters And Lobby Cards)
- Requiem For A Shape Shifter – An Interview With Director John Carpenter In Conversation With Filmmaker Mick Garris
- The Men Of Outpost 31 – Interviews With Keith David, Wilford Brimley, David Clennon, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney, Richard Masur And Joel Polis
- Assembling And Assimilation – An Interview With Editor Todd Ramsay
- Behind The Chameleon: The Visual Effects Of THE THING – Interviews With Visual Effects Artists Peter Kuran And Susan Turner, Special Make-up Effects Artist Rob Burman, Brian Wade And Stop Motion Animators Randall William Cook And Jim Aupperle
- Sounds From The Cold – Interviews With Supervising Sound Editor David Lewis Yewdall And Special Sound Effects Designer Alan Howarth
- Between The Lines – An Interview With Novelization Author Alan Dean Foster
- Back Into The Cold: A Return To The Shooting Locations Of THE THING – An Animated Photo Gallery Narrated By Todd Cameron Of Outpost31.com
- The Art Of Mike Ploog Gallery
- John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – A Documentary On The Making Of THE THING Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, Special Effects Make-up Designer Rob Bottin, Legendary Matte Artist Albert Whitlock And More! (SD)
- Network TV Broadcast Version Of THE THING (SD)
- Outtakes (SD)
- Vintage Featurettes From The Electronic Press Kit Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell And Rob Bottin (SD)
- Vintage Featurettes – The Making Of A Chilling Tale And The Making Of THE THING (SD)
- Vintage Product Reel – Contains A Condensed Version Of The Film With Additional Footage Not In The Film (SD)
- Vintage Behind-The-Scenes Footage (SD)
- Annotated Production Archive – Production Art And Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (SD)
TRAIN TO BUSAN (LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK)
Synopsis: When a mysterious virus breaks out across the country, the infected turn into the murderous undead. A few terrified travelers find themselves trapped on a bullet train from hell, fighting for their lives as hordes of the living dead crash towards them, crawling closer with every stop. Suspicion is rife and tensions run high as some will do anything to survive and make it to the safe zone.
Not Rated | Color | 118 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (1.85:1)
Audio - Korean DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, Dolby Digital 2.0, English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 2.0
- Behind the Scenes
- That's A Wrap
- Original Trailer
Post a Comment