ARROW VIDEO'S LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY OF WES CRAVEN'S CONTROVERSIAL DIRECTORIAL DEBUT IS THE DEFINITIVE EDITION WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!
Back when I was a flourishing young Horror fan, I began to work my way through the earlier films of Wes Craven after I had my fill of the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET franchise. I distinctly remember my shocked reactions as I watched THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT for the first time, and gazed wide-eyed as Krug & The Gang did terrible things to a pair of young girls, before getting their comeuppance in the film's final act.
And now, thanks to Arrow Video, I can revisit this film in HD with THREE different cuts of the movie, plus a plethora of awesome extras! Though the price is a bit steep, methinks it is time to upgrade from my old MGM DVD release of this Wes Craven classic!
Synopsis: The directorial debut of Wes Craven, the man behind such horror favorites as A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, THE HILLS HAVE EYES, SWAMP THING, and SCREAM, THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT justly retains its reputation as one of the most harrowing cinematic experiences of all time, nearly half a century on from its original release.
|Where's Swamp Thing when you need him?|
Unleashed on an unsuspecting public in 1972, THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT shocked audiences with its graphic and unflinching portrayal of interpersonal violence, paving the way for a whole host of cheap imitators looking to capitalize on its success. It is Wes Craven's original alone, however, that remains one of the true watershed moments in horror (and indeed, film) history.
Unrated & R-Rated | Color | 84 minutes (R-Rated cut) | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (1.85:1)
Audio - 1.0 Mono
- NEW! 2K restoration of the Uncut Version!
- NEW! Audio commentary by podcasters Bill Ackerman and Amanda Reyes!
- Archival audio commentary with writer/director Wes Craven and producer Sean S. Cunningham!
- Archival audio commentary with stars David Hess, Marc Sheffler, and Fred Lincoln!
- NEW! Junior's Story - Annterview with actor Marc Sheffler!
- Marc Sheffler in Conversation at the American Cinematheque.
- NEW! Interview with wardrobe and make-up artist Anne Paul!
- Songs in the Key of Krug - Never-before-seen archive interview with David Hess!
- Celluloid Crime of the Century - Archival documentary featuring interviews with Wes Craven, Sean S. Cunningham, actors David Hess, Fred Lincoln, Jeramie Rain, Marc Sheffler, and Martin Kove!
- Still Standing: The Legacy of The Last House on The Left - Archival interview with Wes Craven.
- Scoring Last House on the Left - Archival interview with actor/composer David Hess.
- It's Only a Movie: The Making of The Last House on the Left - Archival documentary.
- Forbidden Footage - The cast and crew of Last House on the film's most controversial sequences.
- Deleted Scene
- Outtakes and Dailies
- Trailers, TV Spot, & Radio Spots
- Image Gallery
|The saw is family.|
- NEW! 2K restoration of the Krug and Company & R-Rated cuts of the film!
- NEW! The Craven Touch - Faturette bringing together interviews with a number of Wes Craven s collaborators, including Sean S. Cunningham, composer Charles Bernstein, producer Peter Locke, cinematographer Mark Irwin, and actress Amanda Wyss!
- Early Days and 'Night of Vengeance' - Filmmaker Roy Frumkes remembers Wes Craven and Last House on the Left!
- Tales That'll Tear Your Heart Out - Excerpts from an unfinished Wes Craven short!
- Exclusive CD featuring the film's original soundtrack!
- Double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork!
- 6 lobby card reproductions!
- Limited edition perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by author Stephen Thrower!
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper!