SEVERIN FILMS BRINGS SERGIO MARTINO'S CLASSIC THRILLER, AND A MASSIVE 3-DISC DOCUMENTARY & TRAILER COMPILATION TO BLU-RAY DISC!
I've only dipped a toe into the giallo sub-genre over the years, so I am not nearly as excited as some of you may be for this pair of new Blu-rays. That being said, I've been meaning to watch more Italian cinema, and I'm a sucker for a good trailer compilation, so I'll probably be adding these to the mighty Vault collection at some point! If you're a big fan of giallo films, these two releases are definite must-owns!
ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK (1972)
Synopsis: A desperate and psychotic criminal targets Jane, a young woman who stands to inherit a fortune. Slashed and scarred. Jane tries to believe it's only a nightmare but everywhere she turns - in the subway, on the street the man with the knife is there. A mysterious woman offers to cure her by means of black magic, but the satanic rituals only aggravate her condition, catapulting her into a kaleidoscope of psychedelic horror!
The luscious Edwige Fenech (STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER) gives the performance of her career as a woman tormented by visions of Satanic violence, hallucinatory horror and psychosexual insanity. George Hilton (THE STRANGE VICE OF MRS. WARDH), Ivan Rassimov (EATEN ALIVE) and Susan Scott (EMANUELLE AND THE LAST CANNIBALS) co-star in this EuroShock masterpiece from director Sergio Martino (TORSO) and screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi (DEATH WALKS ON HIGH HEELS) – with “possibly one of the best horror scores of all time” (Scream Magazine) by Bruno Nicolai!
|Did you know: The American cut AXED seven minutes from the film's original running time?|
Rated R | Color | 95 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (2.39:1)
Audio - ?
- NEW! 4K Scan made from the original negative!
- They’re Coming To Get You: Alternate U.S. Cut (88 mins.)
- Color My Nightmare: Interview with Director Sergio Martino.
- Last Of The Mohicans: Interview with Screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi.
- Giallo is the Color: Interviews with Actor George Hilton & Italian Horror Expert Antonio Tentori.
- Audio Commentary with Kat Ellinger, Author of All The Colors of Sergio Martino.
- BONUS Disc: Soundtrack CD! (Limited to 2,500)
ALL THE COLORS OF GIALLO (2018)
Synopsis: ‘Giallo’ is Italian for ‘yellow’, the color of the lurid pulp novels that inspired one of the most intense, extreme and influential genres in movie history. In this unprecedented collection, experience the full chronological evolution of giallo with more than 100 rare and classic trailers from such masters as Mario Bava, Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, Sergio Martino, Antonio Margheriti, Umberto Lenzi and many more.
Then slip on black leather gloves and set the mood with a Bonus CD of legendary soundtrack music from composers that include Ennio Morricone, Riz Ortolani, Bruno Nicolai, Stelvio Cipriani and others, along with all-new featurettes that thrust even deeper into the genre. (There is even a disc devoted to Krimi films, the German cousin to the Giallo!) “But be warned,” says Gizmodo.com, “once you start going down the blood-slicked giallo rabbit hole, you may become dangerously obsessed.”
Not Rated | Color | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (?)
Audio - ?
DISC ONE (BLU-RAY):
- OVER FOUR HOURS OF GIALLO TRAILERS!
- NEW! All the Colors of Giallo - Newly produced feature length documentary by Federico Caddeo!
- The Giallo Frames - Interview with John Martin, editor of 'The Giallo Pages.
- Audio Commentary on every trailer with Kat Ellinger, author of All The Colors of Sergio Martino.
- Kriminal! - 90 Minute Krimi Trailer Compilation!
- The Case of the Krimi - Interview with film historian Marcus Stiglegger.
- The Strange Sounds of The Bloodstained Films - Bonus CD of Giallo themes compiled by Alfonso Carrillo of Rendezvous. From the archives of BEAT Records Company. Remastered by Claudio Fuiano.