HUDSON HORROR SHOW. I've been attending this since their fourth show and haven't missed one since (unless you count their double feature of TOURIST TRAP and TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD at the Alamo Drafthouse)!
This time around, yours truly (who has previously inflicted INFRA-MAN and LADY TERMINATOR on the unsuspecting audience) will be sponsoring and introducing a very cool MYSTERY MOVIE to kick things off. All I can tell you is that it's a great 80s horror flick that grew on me over the years. It features a stellar cast, and was directed by an Academy Award Winner. (Sorry, but no more hints!)
Along with that, there will be four other amazing films, including MS.45, MADMAN, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST. 2: FREDDY'S REVENGE, and Steven Spielberg's JAWS. Tickets have been sold out for weeks, so sadly, many of you reading this will be missing out on the 35mm goodness. However, the vendors area will be open to the public, and you will also have a chance to meet Bill Diamond ("The Muppet Master"), as well as MADMAN producer Gary Sales, and actors Jimmy Steele (Richie), and Paul Ehlers (Madman Marz)! Oh and you can even catch a quick photo op with a mock-up of "Bruce" the Great White Shark's head!
For those of you who WILL be watching the day's five films, here's the....
HUDSON HORROR SHOW 11 EVENT SCHEDULE
- 11:00 AM: Doors Open. Shop around, meet up with friends, and save your seats!
- 12:30 PM - 12:45 PM: The Introduction and sacred rules of the fest.
- 12:45 PM - 2:30 PM: Trailers + THE MYSTERY MOVIE!
- 2:30 PM - 2:45 PM: Break #1.
- 2:45 PM - 4:30 PM: Trailers + A NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST. 2!
- 4:30 PM - 4:45 PM: Break #2.
- 4:45 PM - 6:30 PM: Trailers + MS.45!
- 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM: Break #3.
- 7:00 PM - 8:45 PM: Trailers + MADMAN!
- 8:45 PM - 9:15 PM: MADMAN Q&A!
- 9:30 PM - MIDNIGHT: Trailers + JAWS: 40TH ANNIVERSARY SCREENING!
If you're new to the world of Hudson Horror Show (or just film fests in general), then be sure to read my SURVIVAL GUIDE before attending. It could just save your life!
HUDSON HORROR SHOW 11 is going to epic, and I cannot to see my favorite movie of all time (JAWS, natch) on the big screen, in 35mm! To me, everything else is just buckets of delicious, diabetes-causing icing on the proverbial cake.
So hopefully I'll see YOU at the theater this coming Saturday! I've got some great stuff to give away so brush up on your trivia, and prepare for one of the greatest days of your cinema-loving lives!
|SEE YOU AT THE SHOW!|