ANCIENT SEA MONSTERS, JEWEL THIEVES, AND (NOT QUITE) DOMESTICATED CANNIBALS LURK WITHIN ARROW VIDEO'S LATEST BATCH OF BLU-RAYS!
Before you say anything, yes I know that Arrow also just dropped their SOLID METAL NIGHTMARES boxed set today featuring ten films by Shinya Tsukamoto that is loaded with extras! But after posting about Severin's gi-normous Al Adamson set last Sunday, I didn't have the strength to break down another large collector's set! Instead, I'll focus my efforts on Arrow's three other new titles this week, which include BLOOD TIDE (starring James Earl Jones, and produced by infamous ISLAND OF DEATH director Nico Mastorakis!), WHITE FIRE (a heist flick starring Robert Ginty and Fred "The Hammer" Williamson), and Lucky MeKee's THE WOMAN! To learn more about these new Arrow titles, just continue onward Vault Dwellers!
BLOOD TIDE (1982)
Synopsis: When treasure hunter Frye (James Earl Jones) accidentally awakens an ancient sea monster that has been lying dormant on a Greek island, the inhabitants are forced to resume the practice of sacrificing virgins in order to placate the demonic creature. Meanwhile a couple, Neil and Sherry, arrive on the island in search of Neil's missing sister, Madeline.
Written and produced by Nico Mastorakis - the man behind such genre favourites as ISLAND OF DEATH, THE ZERO BOYS, THE WIND, and many others - and directed by Richard Jefferies (screenwriter of SCARECROWS and TRON: LEGACY), BLOOD TIDE is a suspense-filled creature feature surging with blood, nudity, and beachside aerobics!
Rated R | Color | 97 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (1.85:1)
Audio - English Mono 1.0
- NEW! Restoration from a 4K scan of the original camera negative!
- NEW! Audio commentary with director/co-writer Richard Jefferies!
- NEW! Interview with producer/co-writer Nico Mastorakis!
- NEW! Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys!
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Mike Gingold!
WHITE FIRE (1984)
Synopsis: Robert Ginty (THE EXTERMINATOR) and Belinda Mayne (KRULL) play Bo and Inga, brother and sister jewel thieves who target the legendary "White Fire" diamond a priceless rock so hot it actually burns those who try to lay their hands on it!
When tragedy strikes, Bo undertakes an outrageous plan involving plastic surgery and explosives to infiltrate the mine where the diamond awaits. Bo s plan hits an unexpected snag with the arrival of smooth-talking badass Noah Barclay, played by Fred Williamson (FROM DUSK TIL DAWN). Noah s hunting for a missing prostitute and he thinks Bo and Inga hold the key to her disappearance!
Erotic filmmaker Jean-Marie Pallardy (EROTIC DIARY OF A LUMBERJACK) brings his kinky touch to high octane action in this infamous exploitation epic, complete with chainsaw mayhem, awkward brotherly love, and a very 80s theme song by the band Limelight!
Rated R | Color | 101 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (1.85:1)
Audio - English Mono 1.0
- NEW! Feature length audio commentary by critic Kat Ellinger!
- NEW! Surviving The Fire: An interview with writer-director Jean-Marie Pallardy!
- NEW! Enter The Hammer: An interview with actor Fred Williamson!
- NEW! Diamond Cutter: An interview with editor Bruno Zincone!
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors' booklet featuring new writing on the film by film historian and author Julian Grainger!
THE WOMAN (2011)
Synopsis: Almost a decade after Lucky McKee burst upon the indie horror scene and became a 'Master of Horror' in the making thanks to his directorial debut May, he teamed up with legendary cult author Jack Ketchum for his most shocking and brutal film to date: THE WOMAN, an instant cause célèbre on its Sundance premiere.
THE WOMAN (Pollyanna McIntosh - The Walking Dead) is the last surviving member of a deadly clan of feral cannibals that has roamed the American wilderness for decades. When successful country lawyer Chris Cleek (Sean Bridgers - ROOM) stumbles upon her whilst hunting in the woods, he decides to capture and "civilize" her with the help of his seemingly perfect all-American family, including his wife Belle (Angela Bettis - MAY) and daughter Peggy (Lauren Ashley Carter - DARLING). The Cleeks will soon learn, however, that hell hath no fury like THE WOMAN scorned…
Rated R | Color | 103 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (1.78:1)
Audio - English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
- NEW! 4K restoration supervised and approved by Lucky McKee!
- NEW! Audio commentary with director Lucky McKee, editor Zach Passero, sound designer Andrew Smetek, and composer Sean Spillane!
- NEW! Audio commentary by star Pollyanna McIntosh!
- NEW! Audio commentary by critic Scott Weinberg!
- Archival commentary with director Lucky McKee!
- NEW! Dad on the Wall - A 75-minute fly-on-the-wall behind-the-scenes documentary filmed by the director's father Mike McKee!
- NEW! Being Peggy Cleek - An nterview with star Lauren Ashley Carter!
- Malam Domesticam - An archival making-of featurette.
- Meet The Makers - A short featurette on the making of the film.
- Deleted Scenes
- Mi Burro - A short film by editor Zach Passero
- "Distracted" music video by Sean Spillane.
- Frightfest Total Film Panel Discussion - A 2011 onstage chat about the future of American indie horror at the popular horror film festival, featuring Lucky McKee, Andrew van den Houten, Larry Fessenden, Adam Green, Joe Lynch and Ti West.
- Theatrical trailers
- Image galleries
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Vanessa McKee!
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors' booklet featuring new writing on the film by Michael Blyth, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Kevin Kovelant!
Post a Comment