SCREAM FACTORY GIVES RICHARD FRANKLIN'S CLASSIC THRILLER ITS NORTH AMERICAN BLU-RAY DEBUT, FULLY LOADED WITH EXTRAS!
ROAD GAMES is a title that's been on my radar for some time now. Directed by the late Richard Franklin (PATRICK, LINK, PSYCHO II), the film stars Stacy Keach (THE NINTH CONFIGURATION, CLASS OF 1999, MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD) and Jamie Lee Curtis (who was at the tail end of her early "scream queen" days) who both end up playing a game of cat and mouse with a psychotic killer!
Though it is already available on Region Free Blu-ray from Umbrella Entertainment, the Scream Factory release of ROAD GAMES (which likely uses the same 4K remaster) has way more special features! When I finally add this to my collection, I'm definitely going with the Scream Factory disc!
Synopsis: Stacy Keach is Pat Quid, a lone trucker who plays games to keep his sanity on long hauls through the desolate Australian Outback. Jamie Lee Curtis is a free-spirited hitchhiker looking for excitement with a game of her own. And somewhere up ahead is a maniac in a van whose game may be butchering young women along the highway. But when the killer decides to raise the stakes, Quid's game becomes personal ... and the rules of this road are about to take some very deadly turns.
Director Richard Franklin packs plenty of Hitchcock-like twists and suspense into this sly shocker that was nominated for four Australian Film Institute Awards and remains one of the most surprising thrillers of the '80s.
Rated PG | Color | 101 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (2.35:1)
Audio - English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono
- NEW! Australian Long Haul – An Interview With Actor Stacy Keach!
- NEW! Audio Commentary With Cinematographer Vincent Monton, Production Coordinator Helen Watts, And Costume Designer Aphrodite Kondos, Moderated By Filmmaker Mark Hartley!
- NEW! 1980 Script Read With Producer/Director Richard Franklin And Actors Stacy Keach And Marion Edwards!
- NEW! Composer Brian May Music Demos Accompanied By Stills And Poster Gallery!
- Audio Commentary With Producer/Director Richard Franklin!
- Kangaroo Hitchcock: The Making Of Road Games – Featuring Interviews With Director Richard Franklin And Actor Stacey Keach!
- Extended Interviews From Mark Hartley’s Documentary Not Quite Hollywood Featuring Jamie Lee Curtis, Stacy Keach, Director Richard Franklin, Stunt Coordinator Grant Page, Screenwriter Everett De Roche, Cinematographer Vincent Monton, And Assistant Director Tom Burstall!
- Lecture On The Making Of Road Games With Richard Franklin, Co-producer Barbi Taylor, And Composer Brian May, Introduced By Critic Tom Ryan!
- Profile On Richard Franklin (1981)
- Audio Interview With Richard Franklin (2001)
- Audio Interview With Actor Stacy Keach (2016)
- Audio Interview With Stunt Coordinator And Actor Grant Page (2016)
- Gallery Of Stills, Production Shots, Storyboards, Newspaper Reviews, Promotional And Artwork Materials
- Theatrical Trailer
Post a Comment