PICK UP THESE NEW 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY TITLES TO VISIT FANTASTICAL WORLDS, EXPERIENCE A KILLER CASE OF WRITER'S BLOCK, AND WITNESS (ARGUABLY) THE GREATEST CELEBRITY CAMEO EVER!
It's weeks like this, where I'm glad I snagged a 4K Blu-ray player Vault Dwellers! Guillermo del Toro's PAN'S LABYRINTH is an equally beautiful and haunting fairy tale, about a young girl escaping the horrors of the real world, by exploring the fantastical ones in her imagination! Kubrick's THE SHINING is a brilliant descent into madness that has earned its status as a Horror classic, and ZOMBIELAND is a fun take on a tired Horror sub-genre with one of the absolute greatest celebrity cameos of all time! And now all three of these great films area available on 4K UHD! Let's take a closer look, shall we?
PAN'S LABYRINTH (2006)
Synopsis: Following a bloody civil war, young Ofelia enters a world of unimaginable cruelty when she moves in with her new stepfather, a tyrannical military officer. Armed with only her imagination, Ofelia discovers a mysterious labyrinth and meets a faun who sets her on a path to saving herself and her ailing mother. But soon, the lines between fantasy and reality begin to blur, and before Ofelia can turn back, she finds herself at the center of a ferocious battle between good and evil.
Written, produced, and directed by Guillermo del Toro (HELLBOY, PACIFIC RIM, THE SHAPE OF WATER), PAN'S LABYRINTH premiered at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival where it received a 22-minute standing ovation, followed by its North American premiere at the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival. The critically-acclaimed film won multiple awards, including three Academy Awards, three BAFTA Awards, the Ariel Award for Best Picture, the Saturn Award for Best International Film, and the 2007 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form. The film also appeared on more than 20 critic's top ten lists for 2006.
Rated R | Color | 119 minutes | Region Free
Video - 2160p Widescreen (1.85:1)
Audio - Spanish DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
- Audio commentary by Guillermo del Toro.
- Video prologue by Guillermo del Toro.
- The Power of Myth
- The Faun and the Fairies
- The Color and the Shape
- The Director's Notebook
THE SHINING (1980)
Synopsis: Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) becomes the winter caretaker at the isolated Overlook Hotel in Colorado, hoping to cure his writer's block. He settles in along with his wife, Wendy (Shelley Duvall), and his son, Danny (Danny Lloyd), who is plagued by psychic premonitions. As Jack's writing goes nowhere and Danny's visions become more disturbing, Jack discovers the hotel's dark secrets and begins to unravel into a homicidal maniac hell-bent on terrorizing his family.
Rated R | Color | 146 minutes | Region Free
Video - 2160p Widescreen (1.78:1)
Audio - English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & Dolby Digital 2.0 (Also contains French, German, Polish, & Spanish 5.1 tracks, plus an Italian 2.0 track.)
- NEW! 4K RESTORATION OF STANLEY KUBRICK'S 146 MINUTE VERSION OF THE FILM!
- Audio commentary by Steadicam inventor Garrett Brown and Stanley Kubrick biographer John Baxter!
- Video from the Overlook: Crafting The Shining
- Enter the terrifying world of the Overlook Hotel as only Stanley Kubrick could envision it!
- The Visions of Stanley Kubrick
- A detailed look at one of cinema's greatest visual storytellers and his unique ability to move audiences through the magic of unforgettable images!
- The Making of The Shining
- This cinema verite documentary offers a rare glimpse into the directing style of Stanley Kubrick as he interacts with stars Jack Nicholson, Shelly Duvall, and others!
- Wendy Carlos, Composer
- Composer Wendy Carlos reflects on working with complex auteur Stanley Kubrick and developing music scores for The Shining and A Clockwork Orange!
Synopsis: Nerdy college student Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) has survived the plague that has turned mankind into flesh-devouring zombies because he's scared of just about everything. Gun-toting, Twinkie-loving Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson) has no fears. Together, they are about to stare down their most horrifying challenge yet: each other's company. Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin co-star in this double-hitting, head-smashing comedy.
Rated R | Color | 88 minutes | Region Free
Video - 2160p Widescreen (2.40:1)
Audio - English Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD 7.1, & DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (+ various other languages in Dolby Digital 5.1)
- NEW! HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM EXCLUSIVE DOLBY ATMOS TRACK!
- NEW! Raised From the Dead: Zombieland A Decade Later
- Behind the Scenes with the Cast and Crew of Zombieland!
- Shootin' Zombies with Ruben Fleischer
- Theatrical Trailer
- Beyond the Graveyard Picture-in-Picture Track!
- Audio Commentary with Filmmakers and Cast!
- In Search of Zombieland Featurette
- Zombieland is Your Land Featurette
- Deleted Scenes
- Visual Effects Progression Scenes
- Theatrical Promo Trailers