A YOUNG WOMAN SPIRALS INTO PROSTITUTION AND DEPRAVITY IN STANLEY H. BRASLOFF'S EXPLOITATION CLASSIC!
Leave it to Arrow to dredge up an obscure exploitation film from the 70s and not only give it a 2K restoration, but load it up with tons of new special features! TOYS ARE NOT FOR CHILDREN seems like a darker take on the EMMANUELLE-style story of a young woman discovering/exploring her sexuality. Personally not my cup of tea, but if that sounds titillating to you, then continue reading onward Vault Dwellers!
Synopsis: Psychological trauma and aberrant sexuality abound in this twisted 1972 tale of a young woman whose severe daddy issues send her on an unforgettably bleak downward spiral.
Yearning for the love of her absentee father, Jamie inhabits an infantilized world surrounded by toys, including those which her wayward pops bizarrely continues to send her. Unable to consummate her new marriage with dashing colleague Charlie, Jamie's chance encounter with aging sex worker Pearl leads her into the murky world of prostitution where her most disturbing erotic fantasies begin to play out.
Grim, quirky and strangely affecting in equal measure, Stanley H. Brasloff's TOYS ARE NOT FOR CHILDREN is a truly one-of-a-kind effort from the heyday of the American exploitation independents, which builds to a haunting and devastating climax that lingers long after the credits roll.
Not Rated | Color | 85 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (1.78:1)
Audio - English LPCM Mono
- NEW! 2K restoration from original film elements!
- NEW! Audio commentary with Kat Ellinger and Heather Drain!
- NEW! An appreciation by Nightmare USA author Stephen Thrower!
- NEW! Dirty' Dolls: Femininity, Perversion and Play - A video essay by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas!
- Original theme song "Lonely Am I," newly transferred from the original 45-RPM vinyl single!
- Original Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil!
- First pressing only: Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Vanity Celis!