HAUNTED HOUSES AND EVIL SPIRITS INHABIT ARROW VIDEO'S TWO NEWEST SPECIAL EDITION BLU-RAY TITLES!
I've been meaning to watch CRIMSON PEAK for some time, but just haven't gotten around to seeing del Toro's tale of Gothic romance. (Ditto for his Oscar-winning film THE SHAPE OF WATER! Ack! I have absolutely no right to call myself a fan!) THE DEAD CENTER is a new film from writer/director Billy Senese that is part psychological thriller and part supernatural shocker! If either title sounds enticing, then continue reading to learn more about each release and where you can purchase them!
CRIMSON PEAK (SPECIAL EDITION - 2015)
Synopsis: From the imagination of Oscar-winning director Guillermo del Toro (PAN'S LABYRINTH, THE SHAPE OF WATER) comes CRIMSON PEAK, a lavish, stunningly realized journey into the dark heart of Gothic romance!
Beginning in Buffalo, New York, during the 1880s, CRIMSON PEAK stars Mia Wasikowska (ALICE IN WONDERLAND, STOKER) as Edith Cushing, an aspiring writer who is haunted by the death of her mother. Edith falls in love with seductive stranger Thomas Sharpe (Tom Hiddleston - THOR, THE AVENGERS), who whisks her off to Allerdale Hall, his baronial, yet dilapidated English mansion built upon a mountain of blood-red clay. Here Edith meets Lucille (Jessica Chastain - ZERO DARK THIRTY), Thomas' sister who at times seems hostile and jealous. As Edith struggles to feel at home in the imposing residence, she gradually uncovers a horrendous family secret and encounters supernatural forces that will help her discover the terrible truth behind CRIMSON PEAK.
Rated R | Color | 119 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (1.85:1)
Audio - English DTS:X Master Audio 7.1 and 2.0 DTS Headphone:X
- Audio commentary by co-writer and director Guillermo del Toro!
- The House is Alive: Constructing Crimson Peak - A feature-length documentary with cast and crew interviews and extensive behind the scenes footage!
- Spanish language interview with Guillermo del Toro!
- The Gothic Corridor, The Scullery, The Red Clay Mines, The Limbo Fog Set - Four featurettes exploring different aspects of Allerdale Hall!
- A Primer on Gothic Romance - The director and stars talk about the key traits of Gothic romance!
- The Light and Dark of Crimson Peak - The cast and crew talk about the film's use of color!
- Hand Tailored Gothic - A featurette on the film's striking costumes!
- A Living Thing - A look at the design, modeling, and construction of the Allerdale Hall sets!
- Beware of Crimson Peak - A walking tour around Allerdale Hall with Tom Hiddleston!
- Crimson Phantoms - A featurette on the film's amazing ghosts!
- Kim Newman on Crimson Peak and the Tradition of Gothic Romance - An interview with the author and critic!
- Violence and Beauty in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic Fairy Tale Films - A video essay by the writer Kat Ellinger!
- Deleted scenes
- Image gallery
- Original trailers and TV spots.
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and exclusive artwork by Guy Davis!
THE DEAD CENTER (SPECIAL EDITION - 2018)
Synopsis: When a very dead suicide victim (Jeremy Childs - Preacher, Nashville) disappears from the morgue, it sets in motion a chain of events that has the power to immolate everything, and everyone, it touches.
Troubled psychiatrist Daniel Forrester (Shane Carruth - PRIMER, UPSTREAM COLOR) is drawn to help a mysterious patient who is brought to the emergency psych ward in a catatonic state with no memory of how he reached the hospital. As if to exorcise his own demons, the doctor feverishly tries to break through to his mysterious patient. But as a spate of mysterious deaths shake the ward to its core, Forrester comes to suspect that there is more to his new ward than meets the eye. As he comes to realize what he's unleashed, a desperate race against the forces of evil threatens to swallow him whole.
THE DEAD CENTER is a smart supernatural thriller that explores the demons that live inside all of us from writer-director Billy Senese, recently hailed as a masterful new voice in terror!
Not Rated | Color | 93 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (1.85:1)
Audio - English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & LPCM 2.0
- Commentary with writer-director Billy Senese, producer-actor Shane Carruth, and co-star Jeremy Childs!
- Commentary with writer-director Billy Senese, producers Denis Deck and Jonathan Rogers, and cinematographer Andy Duensing!
- A Walk Through The Dead Center - An in-depth making-of documentary featuring new interviews with writer-director Billy Senese, producer-actor Shane Carruth, cinematographer Andy Duensing, and many others revisiting the locations and discussing the production!
- Nine deleted scenes, including an alternate ending!
- On-set interviews with actors Shane Carruth and Poorna Jagannathan!
- Head-Casting with Jeremy Childs - A brief look at the creation of the make-up effects seen in the climax of the film!
- Intruder - A short film from 2011 directed by Billy Senese and starring Jeremy Childs!
- The Suicide Tapes - The original short film from 2010 directed by Senese and starring Childs that later inspired The Dead Center!
- Midnight Radio Theater - Six chilling radio plays ("Insomnia," "The Long Weekend," "Disposable Life," "The Suicide Tapes," "The Woman In The Basement," "Blood Oath," and "Flu") written, produced and directed by Billy Senese!
- Theatrical trailer and teasers
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring new and original artwork!
- First pressing only: Illustrated collectors' booklet featuring new writing on the film by Jamie Graham!