ON OCTOBER 29TH, BLUE UNDERGROUND GIVES THIS HORROR TEAM-UP A THREE-DISC LIMITED EDITION TO CELEBRATE ITS 30TH ANNIVERSARY!
TWO EVIL EYES is a film that I must revisit in the near future, because I was not a huge fan of it during my initial viewing so many years ago. On paper, it's a movie that I should love with every ounce of my being - Based (loosely) upon the works of Edgar Allen Poe, TWO EVIL EYES was directed by George A. Romero and Dario Argento, scored by Pino Donaggio, features effects by Tom Savini, and stars Adrienne Barbeau (one of my pre-teen celebrity crushes)! And yet I never had the urge to watch it again... until now!
At the end of October, Blue Underground is unleashing their 3-Disc Limited Edition, which promises a 4K restoration of the film, tons of new special features, and a CD of the film's soundtrack! Want to learn more? Then keep on reading Vault Dwellers!
Synopsis: The masters of modern horror – George Romero and Dario Argento – bring you an unprecedented pair of shockers inspired by the tales of Edgar Allan Poe.
In Romero's The Facts in the Case of Mr. Valdemar, a conniving wife (Adrienne Barbeau - ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, CREEPSHOW, THE FOG) and her lover use a hypnotic trance to embezzle a fortune from her dying husband, only to receive some chilling surprises from beyond the grave. Then in Argento's The Black Cat, a deranged crime scene photographer (Harvey Keitel - RESERVOIR DOGS) is driven to brutal acts of madness and murder by his girlfriend's new pet. But will this cunning feline deliver a final sickening twist of its own?
Martin Balsam (PSYCHO), E.G. Marshall (CREEPSHOW), John Amos (THE BEASTMASTER) and Tom Atkins (NIGHT OF THE CREEPS) co-star in this wild horror hit that also features grisly makeup effects by Tom Savini (MANIAC)!
Not Rated | Color | 120 minutes | Region A
Video - 1080p Widescreen (1.85:1)
Audio - English 7.1 & 2.0 DTS-HD and French 1.0 Dolby Digital
- NEW! Exclusive 4K Restoration from the uncensored camera negative!
- NEW! Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth, Author of Murder By Design: The Unsane Cinema of Dario Argento!
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
- NEW! Before I Wake – Interview with Star Ramy Zada!
- NEW! Behind The Wall – Interview with Star Madeleine Potter!
- NEW! One Maestro And Two Masters – Interview with Composer Pino Donaggio!
- NEW! Rewriting Poe – Interview with Co-Writer Franco Ferrini!
- NEW! The Cat Who Wouldn't Die – Interview with Assistant Director Luigi Cozzi!
- NEW! Two Evil Brothers – Interview with Special Make-Up Assistant Everett Burrell!
- NEW! Working With George – Interview with Costume Designer Barbara Anderson!
- Two Masters' Eyes – Interviews with Directors Dario Argento & George Romero, Special Make-Up Effects Supervisor Tom Savini, Executive Producer Claudio Argento, and Asia Argento!
- Savini's EFX – A Behind-the-Scenes look at the film's Special Make-Up Effects!
- At Home With Tom Savini – A personal tour of Tom Savini's home!
- Adrienne Barbeau on George Romero!
- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Pino Donaggio!
ADDITIONAL BONUS CONTENT:
- Collectible Booklet with new essay by Michael Gingold!
- Reversible sleeve
- Lenticular slipcover (First Pressing Only!)